[TYPO3] SEO for the defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev Realurl setting

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Apr 19 21:07:37 CEST 2006

Johannes Reichardt schrieb am 19.04.2006 20:58:

>> typo3.org/documentation/document-library/ doc_tut_quickstart/Search_box/
>>
>> Notice the "space" there? I don't think this is random, and should have
>> something to do with page rankings, but I don't know where to search for
>> information about it (how is this called in the SEO-world??).

> I was wondering about that once - but its just for breaking purposes. If
> the screensize would be not enough this space helps braking the path
> smoothly on display - afaik nothing more and nothing less about it.

Hm, interesting, I have not thought of that. In a quick test it seems
that URLs smaller than 54 chars never have a space and larger URLs
always have a space somewhere. So this might really be the reason. Do
you have any pointer to where this is documented/explained or simply
mentioned?

So you think the defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev is "approved" SEO-wise?

Cheers,
Ernesto