[TYPO3] "Fatal Error" in typo3 operation

Alex Mattos alex at mattos.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 18:19:45 CEST 2006

Dear All,

I have just installed a new instance of Typo3 onto my host and I get the
following error when trying to display the front page.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 46080 bytes) in
/home/slqyqsma/public_html/wctm/typo3_src-3.8.1/t3lib/class.t3lib_stdgraphic
.php on line 2057

I have tried increasing the memory limit in a .htaccess file but this did
not work. Please bear in mind that my host is not very helpful and I am
unable to access any php or apache settings.

I have had a successful Typo3 install working about 6 weeks ago, I left it
alone as I was working on a template file offline. When I returned I get
this error. I tried fixing it before and thought a new install would fix it.
But no luck.

Any ideas?

Alex Mattos