[TYPO3] 4.0 image captions are missing

Pirkka Rannikko bircha at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 08:10:02 CEST 2006

Hi!

I updated my Typo3 from 3.8.1 to 4.0 last week and as a result the captions
of all images are missing. Typo just won't generate anything that I put in
the caption box of the image/ img-txt content element. There is one
exception to this. I have the CSS Styled IMGTEXT extension installed and as
I change the render method of the image content element to Table, Typo3 will
generate the caption. Div, dl or ul won't do the job. I had the extension
installed before the upgrade and it worked just fine. I place only one
picture to each content element with one caption so the problem in not the
same as described earlier here:
http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2006-April/022609.html

When I check the extension with the manager it gives the following warning:

Code warnings: (developer-relevant) Class filename "
class.ux_tslib_content.php" did NOT contain the class "ux_tslib_content"!

I was wondering if this relates to the problem mentioned in the extension
documentation?
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/cron_cssstyledimgtext/0.4.1/view/1/4/
I haven't checked out the would-be compatibility issues of my installed
extension as I am hoping that someone might have the answer ready.

There are some other problems as well. For example I can't align the text
content elements anymore. The UI widgets needed for aligning content just
aren't there anymore. I hope that someone has answers or the same problems
because I am feeling a bit lost here. My earlier Typo3 upgrades have gone
much better :(

--
Pirkka Rannikko - Freelance Graphics and Web Design
http://www.bircha.com