[TYPO3] A second image-selector/picker box in the backend?

Frank Berger foppel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 16:38:28 CEST 2006

Dear List,

first of all, i am pretty new to Typo3 and this is my first post to
this list. So if anything I ask is explained somewhere please be so
kind and provide me with a proper link.

That said, here is my question:

I have right now a website in which i have a custom template, which
allows me to have the following layout in the frontend:

HEADLINE
SUBHEADLINE
RTE TEXT
3 Images
SUBHEADLINE 2
RTE TEXT
3 Images
LINKS
MEDIA

In the backend, the inputfields for this are like the following:

HEADLINE
SUBHEADLINE
RTE TEXT
SUBHEADLINE 2
RTE TEXT
IMAGE Selector
Links
Media

In the image selector are selected up to 6 images, and the first 3
images are displayed in the frontend below the first RTE Text box and
the last 3 images are displayed after the second box. Works quite
nice, no problem.

The thing is, this is not intuitive enough - according to the customer.

He wants something like this in the backend as well:

HEADLINE
SUBHEADLINE
RTE TEXT
IMAGE Selector (for the first 3 images)
SUBHEADLINE 2
RTE TEXT
IMAGE Selector (for the last 3 images)
Links
Media

Can this easily achieved by configuration?
my other idea would be to rape the image-selector box, so that it will
only display 3 images at a time, and then if called again another 3.

Remember: it works fine as it is, the goal is to have the
image-selector at the same positions in the backend as on the
web-page!

I can give further explanations, but any Idea, hint or help would be
greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance

Frank