[TYPO3] Realurl also available for images, DAM?

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Mon Apr 17 17:28:21 CEST 2006

Luc Franken wrote:
> Hello Typo3 people,
>
> I would like to improve the quality and sustainability of the urls to
> images within Typo3. Now all images link to:
> http://site.com/typo3temp/3232431.jpg or something. I would like to
> create more decent urls like:
> http://images.site.com/products/bikes/mountainbike-3232.jpg or something
>
> Is this possible with RealUrl, maybe in combination with DAM? How do I
> start with this?
>
> Thanks ina advance for your time!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luc Franken

DAM has everything to do this.  But: there is a problem with the
mmforeign extension you'll need.

DAM has the possibility to use files by reference instead of making a
copy of a file to a temp or upload directory.  The extensions
dam_filelinks and dam_ttcontent both work with this 'reference instead
of copy' mechanism.  Both extensions rely on the mmforeign extension
(dam_filelinks too but it's not listed) and mmforeign breaks
mm-relations on the website.  See my posing from today in the DAM newsgroup.

I hope this get fixed soon.  The possibilities are great!

Pieter