[TYPO3] Standards Compliant

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Apr 17 01:24:49 CEST 2006

Lee,

yes typo3 can do that.
I use templavoils that only uses divs (it's a lie.... but for some very
small things I use tables, but main layout is div).
That will validate to XHTML-Transitional at ease.

However some extensions might have problems because there where written
3th party, be aware of that,
this is not core ofcourse....

Funny side note: I had a discussion with a Joomla freak and said it was
possible, no problemo sir!

Ries

>Hi people, I have come across Typo3 in the search for a standards
>compliant CMS to use when creating sites, I have been a long time
>user of Mambo/Joomla but have found the core code to output a lot of
>content that would not be classed pass the W3C guidelines, despite my
>best efforts with creating tableless templates, the core code output
>endless amount of tables. My question is this, providing that my
>template is div based, will the core code output additional table, or
>is it able to generate the site without? Also, what other steps has
>the CMS taken in line with the W3C guidelines and others?
>
>Thanks.

Ries van Twisk
Freelance Typo3 Developer
=== Private: