[TYPO3] Links in footer, editable from the backend?

Martin Seebach martin at biplane.dk
Fri Apr 14 14:56:50 CEST 2006

On Thursday 13 April 2006 17:12, Fabio ex Typo3 n00b wrote:
> I made a template from templatevoila, but in the footer there are few
> links that I need to modify sometime, so the best method is modify these
> links in the backend and not in the template.

Make a SysFolder somewhere in your pagetree. Put your links in there, using
the "External URL" pagetypes.

Now, in TS, make a menu, using the 'special = list' property:

lib.bottommenu = HMENU
lib.bottommenu {
  special = list
  special.value = PID_OF_SYSFOLDER

  1 = TMENU
  1 {
  }
}

The downside is that the links will be rendered as index.php?id=nnn (or as
SimulateStatic or RealURL, whatever your setup is), and not the actual links,
and TYPO3 will redirect to the right URL from that page. That is sometimes
considered bad style for external links, because your don't know where you're
going before clicking. On the other hand, you get a log-entry everytime
someone clicks, and that can be equally nice to have.

// Martin