[TYPO3] EM not reachable in general - Swapsize 1GB

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Apr 12 12:24:38 CEST 2006

Hi!

Harald Klotzberg wrote:
> back_log              current value: 50
> binlog_cache_size     current value: 32768

Do you need this? Extra disk activity. Turn off all logs!

> max_connect_errors    current value: 10

Increase this one to a couple of thousands or mysql may start refusing
connections after dropping this number of them. I did not figure out
logic behind it but it is safe and better to have this value high.

> record_buffer         current value: 131072
> record_rnd_buffer     current value: 0

This should not be 0 because disables buffering of random reads.

> table_cache           current value: 64

Looks quite low. What value do you have for Open_tables and
Opened_tables if you issue "show status" command?

> thread_concurrency    current value: 10

Do you really have 5 processors? :) Normal value is 2*number of CPUs.
You can safely said it to 4*number of CPUs (thus 8 with one
hyperthreaded processor).

> thread_cache_size     current value: 0

Aha. Here is bad guy ;) You system is spending lot of kernel time
creating new threads. This is why your server is loaded so much. Check
with "show_status" how many connection did you have at peak and set
thread_cache_size to this value + 10%.

You need not to restart mysqld for this, just issue "set global
thread_cache_size=XXX" and continue monitoring your load. If it drops,
change value in my.cnf and restart mysqld.

> thread_stack          current value: 65536

Should be 139K on most systems.

I do not see query cache settings. If you query cache is disabled,
system may perform very badly.

Dmitry.