[TYPO3] EM not reachable in general - Swapsize 1GB

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Wed Apr 12 09:38:47 CEST 2006

Hi!

Harald Klotzberg wrote:
> the problems still goes on ... not only with updating to 4.0.
>
> I did a fresh 4.0 Install for testing right now to sort out updating probs.
> The same error as reported after an update.
>
> System Information shows:
> Memory 100%
> Swap: 100% - SIZE 1GB ...

Works here with:

memory_limit: 64M common, 96M for EM directory in .htaccess
max execution time = 30
functions disabled: none
safe-mode = off
open_basedir = off

Suse Linux 10.0 64-bit
Apache 2
PHP4 and mysql 4.1 (not sure which exactly, using default distro RPM)
RAM: 2GB
Cpu: 3GHz HT
Swap: 2GB, not used according to "top"!

Are you sure it is EM related? May be your mysql memory settings are too
high and you are using persistent connections with high abort time? It
will give similar symptoms.

Dmitry.