[TYPO3] Downgrade?

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Wed Apr 12 08:42:43 CEST 2006

lists.netfielders.de wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just created a new website using the wonderfull version 4.0 just released.
> Don't get me wrong: I LOVE IT!
>
> All is well, but there are a few things, that is still not working. Perhaps
> I just can't find 'em. A couple of examples are:
> - click-enlarge on my pictures - where is it?

That depends on your setup, you can set click-to-enlarge capability in
various ways. Maybe you should read the documentation Typoscript by
Example followed by the TSref doc or consider the wonderful Typo3 Book
written by some of the gurus here (google pays for ads by the way! just
kidding Rene!), published by Packt, you can find at packtpub.com, as
well as amazon.com! I will personally vouch for it's wealth of
knowledge, and if you are new, it would be highly recommended. The
publishers are a bit behind the release dates, obviously (4.0 now!), but
this project is well entrenched and the changes between versions are
(far more then necessary, in my opinion, see dev list if you dare!)
taking into account backwards compatibility very much so and you will
not be lost.

> - using ImageMagick-6.2.5-Q16 I can't get my thumbs shown

Your thumbs where? Backend module, eg. DAM? FE plugin? Do you just
expect them to work? Which template structure (MTB, FTB, other.) are you
using? By the way, you may want to consider using GraphicsMagick as an
alternative. You may want to use IM4.9 or something such that is
recommended. Personally, GM allows me the opportunity to forget of IM's
issues. It is a well discussed issue and google.com is your friend.

> - not enough extensions yet

Oh wow, you are very new to Typo3. I think we are above 2,000 now! This
community has more extensions than we know what to do with. Please, read
the documentation (RTFM), it is kind of spread out and no real "read
this, then this, to get this" outline, but please, read the docs and
explore typo3.org. You will find your answer without us. I am sure of this.

> Anyways - I might be wrong. But is it possible to downgrade to version
> 3.8.1?

This depends on your server access(shared, root, etc..) and your
non-typo3 knowledge as well as your T3 knowledge, especially. I would
certainly not recommend this though. Also, why would you want to
downgrade unless you are working with a production install in which
case, you would not have asked these questions, I think? If you are on a
new install, no reason should be aware aside from extensions not
cooperating, yet, if I know this community at all, the ext's that are
relevant are already up to par with 4.0.0 or well on their way.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents, and who knows what they may be worth!?! Well, I
hope you overcome your issues in a reasonable way. Good luck and trust
in T3!

ps. Guinness is amazing, also, interestingly enough, it is in the open
office dictionary by default! Good luck brave T3 explorer!

Regards.