[TYPO3] Multilingual site with japanese

Kazu.Hodota hodota at typo3.co.jp
Tue Apr 11 15:04:35 CEST 2006

Hello Mark,

TYPO3 in Japanese, we use utf-8 on MySQL and PHP environment.

For example,

1) MySQL install

[root at typo3j mysql-5.0.17]# ./configure \
--with-charset=utf8 \
--with-extra-charsets=all \
--with-mysqld-user=mysql

2) PHP install

[root at typo3j php-4.4.2]# ./configure \
--enable-track-vars \
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
--with-mysql \
--enable-mbstring \
--enable-mbstr-enc-trans \
--without-dg \
--enable-trans-sid

php.ini parameter

[mbstring]
mbstring.language = Japanese

mbstring.internal_encoding = UTF-8

mbstring.http_input = auto

mbstring.http_output = UTF-8

mbstring.encoding_translation = On

mbstring.detect_order = auto

mbstring.substitute_character = none;

mbstring.func_overload = 0

- - -

I think that tt-products will support Japanese language
on TYPO3....

Yours,
Kazu Hodota

--
Kazu Hodota / TYPO3 Japan LLP  Tel:+81-(0)44-220-1588
mail: hodota at typo3.co.jp  http://wwww.typo3.co.jp