[TYPO3] Language problem in bahag_photogallery

Kevin Renskers info at dualdot.nl
Tue Apr 11 12:41:39 CEST 2006

> Except the language problem this is the best gallery I have tested!

Hm I tried it too yesterday, because from the demo I've seen it looked
very promising. But sadly there are some problem with it that stops me
from using this extension.

1) The url's created don't work: the photoalbum uses links like
www.example.com/?gallery=4

2) The directories are not sorted by name. I wanted to use this plugin
for photoalbum that has multiple directory-levels, starting with year,
then album name. But the years are all randomly sorted.

3) It doesn't use the imagemagick config from Typo3 itself.

4) Creating the thumbnails takes a VERY long time with this plugin, if
you have many albums. Like I said, I wanted to use it for a
multi-leveled directory structure. When I add a directory with photo's
to my album structure, I have to re-index the whole thing! With
goof_fotoboek it is all done automatically when visiting an album. And
why does it use 3 seperate sub-directories? Use typo3temp!

So the idea behind it is pretty cool, it looks pretty good and it offers
very cool functions, but there still is a lot of work to be done. Mainly
in the creation of the thumbnails...

Kevin