[TYPO3] Changing File Ownership a Requirement for Typo3?

Gilles Deacur tronno22556 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 01:41:38 CEST 2006

My web host OCCHosting.com is starting to want to charge me $20 per
incident when I ask them to change file ownership settings to be able to
have Typo3 run properly.

They cite the lack of quality installation documentation,
and the "fact" that changing file ownership settings is not a
requirement to get Typo3 running.

QUOTE:

You can change file permissions, that is all I am doing
changing ownership is not a requirement, I made limited changes only try
to conform to their limited doc. but again, it not a requirement to get
typo3 up and running.

END QUOTE

I'm under the impression that Typo3 does need file ownership set for it
to run properly, and from their email, it looks like they are telling me
that I don't need to change file ownerships --only permissions-- to get
Typo3 running properly.