[TYPO3] 3.8.1 -> 4.0 upgrade - All my templavoila mappings are gone!?

Alex Kirmse alexkirmse at gmx.net
Sun Apr 9 20:30:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

Another frustrating evening upgrading typo3 3.8.1 to the newest 4.0 release.

I upgraded everything and while running the database analyzer for which,
to my knowledge, there has never been any comprehensive docs for, I
needed to drop certain tables. I looked at the tables and some were
templavoila related tables with some mappings in them. I didn't feel
good about deleting them but then I read this little snippet:
	http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/installation/doc_inst_upgr/1.0.0/view/4/3/

"Tables that are defined in extensions will automatically be managed and
you don't have to care about them. They are respected fully."

So I figured, incorrectly, that I could go ahead and drop those tables
so that the DB Analyzer was finally happy. When I log into my new 4.0
system I notice that Templavoila isn't even installed and even worse,
all my TV mappings are gone (a couple of hours of work. Yes I have a lot
of templates) :(.

So apparently during the upgrade to 4.0 Templavoila is uninstalled and
"Tables that are defined in extensions" are NOT "automatically managed".
Be warned!

p.s. My own fault for not having made a backup of the database before I
made the upgrade but I was tired and it was getting late. No excuse :\