[TYPO3] 3 severe problems after updating from 3.8.1 to 4.0.0; 1) no direct mail 2) no RTE at all anymore 3) indexed_search and many others not in TER

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 17:50:56 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/8/06, Alexander Schories <alexander at schories.com> wrote:
> Dear list,https://mail.google.com/mail/
>

> after updating from a wonderfull running 3.8.1 to 4.0.0 i am experiencing
> truly heavy trouble i never had before with typo3:

I know you said in your other message that you'd read the release
notes [1]--maybe you did, but you didn't read them _well_.

> 1) no direct mail, tt_address
> don`t work at all anymore:

I don't know about direct_mail; however, have you ensured that what's
described here has actually _happened_?

"The new version will require a conversion of existing categories
defined in Page TSConfig and of all references to these categories in
content elements and in FE Users and Addresses records."

> - the extensions direct_mail and tt_address are NOT listed in TER anymore!
> They just gone! Why? How?

Ridiculous. direct_mail is present on TER, and so is tt_address. Where
were you looking? (I suspect that the issue you're having might be one
that has been mentioned a dozen times or more on the mailing list in
the last few weeks...)

> - opening the frontend newsletter subscription page now outputs: "Wrong
> table: tt_address"
>

> 2) no RTE
> =============================
>
> One of the reasons for updating was to have ONE RTE for all. On 3.8.1 i had
> the standard RTE running for those IE-Users and rtehtmlarea as RTE for
> Mozilla-Users. So before updating to 4.0.0 i even uninstalled (deactivated)
> rtehtmlarea in the backend.
>
> - but NOW, after updating 4.0.0 the site has NO RTE at all! Neither in IE
> nor in Mozilla! Why? What have i done wrong?

No idea. My guess is that it could be related to a bug you might have
read about in the mailing list yesterday... Besides, this is a useless
way to ask for assistance; the obvious answer, given the way you ask
the question is to say 'install the extension.'

Presumably you've tried that? If you have and were denied permission
on account of the version, try adding the extension key to the list in
localconf.php by hand...

If this isn't the problem, you might want to ask a MEANINGFUL question
instead of 'what have I done wrong?'

> 3) TER - only a few extensions
> ==============================
>
> After updating to 4.0.0 i was shocked: The long long list in TER, with
> hundreds of availabe extensions online, is now very short! Too short, as i
> feel..

Something like 1400 extensions in the list is too short? That's what I
see when I retrieve the list...

> - but NOW, 4.0.0 shows me many of my favourite extensions marked in red
> color and ONLY under "Extensions found only on this server", e.g.
> indexed_search, tt_news, just to name a few!

Yawn.

If you, as the administrator of a dozen TYPO3 sites can't be bothered
to keep up with new developments, why be surprised when things change?
indexed_search is a system extension--it (like all other system
extensions) ONLY ships with the TYPO3 source.

As for the others--tt-news for example--it's there in the TER list as usual.

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/development/articles/new-features-40/