[TYPO3] "&" in sitetitle again - RTE issues

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Sat Apr 8 16:58:15 CEST 2006

Hi there,

>> i asked some time ago how i can stop typo3 from changing "&" to "&"
>> in the Sitetitle. Any ideas?
>>

> site title should not have special characters <, >, &, which are changed
> to corresponding entities. This is reasonable for < and > but not always
> for & - site titles should *not* have raw < and >

That helps not so much. True that plain <> is no good in titles but why
should Typo3 decide that for me? Besides the fact, that there is no
reason from preventing to insert plain & in there... (which makes me
loose lots of possibilities like enitities etc... in the title!)
>> the RTE changes "<fooo>" to "&gt;foo&lt;"  even in html mode.
>>

> it converts all unknown tags as text - reasonable as such
> these can be configured

If it would allow all by default i had less problems. And i wouldnt have
to switch between HTML content and RTE content so often. Yuck.

- Johannes