[TYPO3] Typo3 4.0 install: problem with extension that requires the symlinks

Pieter pieter.v at gmx.net
Sat Apr 8 10:46:56 CEST 2006

I'm running a first 4.0 test on a WinXP system.  The extension
beko_debugster is installed on this system.  The backend does not load
but shows the error:
Warning: main(C:/apache/xampp/htdocs/t4/tslib/class.tslib_pibase.php):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
C:\apache\xampp\htdocs\t4\typo3conf\ext\beko_debugster\pi1\class.tx_bekodebugster_pi1.php
on line 25

So, i made a copy of tslib to C:/apache/xampp/htdocs/t4/ and ... YES,
the backend was working.

But, the fronted now pops up with an error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class tslib_pibase in
C:\apache\xampp\htdocs\t4\typo3\sysext\cms\tslib\class.tslib_pibase.php
on line 0

I can uninstall beko_debugster or I can change the source of
beko_debugster but there are probably more extensions with the same
problem.  What is the best way to prevent these problems?  What should I
do to simulate the pre-4.0 symlinks (on a WinXP and probably also on a
Linux system)?

Regards,
Pieter