[TYPO3] How to use gather news recursively in a RSS feed using tt_news?

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Fri Apr 7 14:11:45 CEST 2006

    Hi folks,

    I have the following problem, and I hope somebody can help me out.

    I've set up tt_news to provide an RSS news feed in my Typo3 website,
following the instructions from the tt_news manual
(http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/current/).
No problem there.

    However, my website is set up so it gathers all the news records
available on the sub-pages and display them on the homepage. I do that
by setting the Startingpoint of the tt_news plugin (on the homepage) to
the homepage and "recursive" to infinite. How can I do the same (i.e.,
gather news items recursively) in my RSS feed?

    I have tried to add the following TypoScript to both the website
template record and to the TSConfig section of the page where I want to
get the RSS from and it didn't work.

plugin.tt_news.pid_list = 333
plugin.tt_news.recursive = 100

    The pid_list part only works when I put it on the template record.
The recursive part doesn't work at all for RSS.

    In case you are wondering, I am RTMs (reading the manuals) right
now, but no joy so far:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsbyex/current/

    <whining>I find it a little hard to understand how sample TypoScript
works because often people just present the code but didn't say where to
put it.</whining>

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,

Ricardo