[TYPO3] Testing Typo3 4.x

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Fri Apr 7 13:48:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Scharkow wrote:
>> Unless review team works faster, people will have to use this option.
>
> Working faster might be a bad idea for security reviews... I hope now
> that 4.0 is out, there might be more manpower available for reviews.

I did not say "work less carefully", I said "faster" ;)

One good thing to have is a security checklist. Thus security team could
do multi-pass review: quick scan for possible problems (like <?
include($_GET['file']) ?>) and second pass if extension is big and
complex (like fe_user_register, for example).

Actually, if security team have such list, it could be public. This may
increse quality of extensions if authors could check their code against
such list.

Dmitry.