[TYPO3] Multiple languages with multiple domains in a single page tree?

Rick Janda Rick.Janda at gmx.de
Fri Apr 7 11:31:55 CEST 2006

Hi Francesco,

en_IE at euro stands for English language locale for Ireland with Euro
sign. The charset is ISO-8859-15. Without @euro it would be ISO-8859-1,
which has no Euro sign. The Euro currency could be outputed wrong in
this case.

en_??.UTF-8 is with utf-8, but the locale_all entry has nothing to do
with the charset used for the html rendering. It sets LC_ALL environment
variable with PHP setlocale(), which is evaluated e.g. from date
functions to ouput dates in the localized manner. Typo3 convert it to
the wanted html output encoding anyway.
I think, it is only an issue, if you or some typo3 code uses php
functions, that includes currency symbols in its output.

Ciao,
Rick