[TYPO3] Which documents describe language encoding

Kari Salovaara kari.salovaara at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Apr 7 11:12:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've a peculiar problem (my inexperience with languages):
A site had page threads of some Western European languages and all has
been fine. We added Russian and some pages/contents and everything is OK
in FE but in backend characters are not rendered correctly (example,
РУССКИЙ , instead something
like RUSSKII)

Question:
Where can I find comprehensive and up-to-date documentation to solve
this problem/unexperience ? Any howtos ?
Any neighbour to help me privately?

I've one restriction in testing; this is a production site and under
same Typo3 installation I've 20 other customers, so I need a bullet
proof solution. It might be possible to take that domain out of the tree
and install it under T3 4.0 and establish own database (MySQL 4.0.24)
for the domain if necessary to modify MySQL environment based by this
database!!!

I've gone trough list and T3 sites but I've not either understood
everything correctly or there is not a bullet-proof solution documented yet.

Thanks in advance,
Kari

--
Kari Salovaara