[TYPO3] Can't paste text into rte - 4.0RC3

Jody Cleveland Cleveland at winnefox.org
Thu Apr 6 23:12:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm running 4.0 RC3 on a redhat 4.0AS server. And, I'm using htmlArea
rte ver. 1.3.6

I'm running into a bizarre problem when pasting text into the content
editor. The text I paste in looks fine for about 2 seconds, then
switches to inserting the home page. If I press undo, it removes the
home page content and reverts to what I originally pasted. I know this
is really confusing, so I put together a page with screenshots here:

http://info.winnefox.org/rte/paste.html

This has been really frustrating! Any ideas what may be wrong?

Oh, and I've tested this in firefox 1.5 and ie 6, and it does the same
in both browsers.

- jody