[TYPO3] Processed Images Don't Show

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 22:04:59 CEST 2006

On 4/6/06, Gilles Deacur <tronno22556 at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> And I got this reply from them:
>
> --QUOTE--
>   Unix security does not allow users to chown(ownership) only chmod
> (file permissions) -
> if permission are correctly set - chown is not needed
> --END QUOTE--

If the script user and account users are different--i.e. suexec is not
in use--this seems to be nonsense. This would mean that, since the
httpd user is a) not the owner of files, and b) not a member of the
same group as the account user, that your permissions should be set to
rwx rwx rwx--and this may be dangerously insecure.

In any case, he's obviously not giving you all the information since
you are having just the problem he's denied is possible...

> I finally got them to change something that got rid of the errors in the
> Basic Configuration screen, and was able to get to the log in screen,
> but had another error.  So I was able to get them to fix that error and
> now I can see my back-end and the front end is navigatable.  Now I can't
> see images in the front end.

As far as I can tell, this is the whole issue.

Right NOW--it doesn't matter much what has gone on before--you have a
directory inside /typo3temp that is not script-writeable. Get your
host to fix that however they need to, and it's likely this thread can
end.

-Christopher