[TYPO3] GMENU_LAYERS fixed location

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 18:13:46 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 4/6/06, Bas van der Togt <b.vandertogt at profinit.com> wrote:
> Hello typo users,
>
> I've got a horizontal menu with 5 different tabs.
> When you roll over, i want to show a menu on a fixed place.
> I've got the problem now that the level 2 menu is placed on a other
> place at every tab. Is there anybody who knows a solution for this?
>
> this is my code:

<snip>

This is not really the answer you've asked for, so feel free to ignore it ;-)

The _very best_ solution I've ever found to problems with GMENU_LAYERS
and TMENU_LAYERS is to build a _very_ simple TMENU [1] and use css to
achieve the flyouts [2]. The *MENU_LAYERS series produces a truly
horrible amount of very ugly code and is, moreover, rather tricky to
configure.

-Christopher

[1] Sample TMENU code:

### Nice, simple TMENU: