[TYPO3] Adding dynamic footer

Sébastien Ioannitis-McColl Ioannitis at intracen.org
Thu Apr 6 12:01:03 CEST 2006

Hi Christian

Thanks very much for your reply. I will try your solution during the
day and let you know.
Concerning Point 1, unless I am mistaken, I actually want to have that
content area on all pages throughout the WHOLE my website on all pages.
My meagre achivement so far has been to have it displayed only on one
page which is NOT the result I want to achieve... Therefore is CONTENT
INHERITANCE of relevance here ?

Thanks a lot

Seb

>>> Christian.Vetter at dragoner-design.de 06/04/2006 10:10 >>>

Hi Seb,
1. You could use an extension for content inheritance, but as I gather

your objective this solution would be quite unelegant - you'd have that

content area all the time although you'd use only on your homepage, I

guess.
2. To get a multilingual footer with an ancillary navigation you should

use a TypoScript object, like so:
             <field_nav_x type="array">
                 <tx_templavoila type="array">
                     <title>Nav extra</title>
                     <sample_data type="array">
                         <numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
                     </sample_data>
                     <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>
                     <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.nav.x</TypoScriptObjPath>
                 </tx_templavoila>
             </field_nav_x>
Now you need to define that object 'lib.nav.x' in a TypoScript template

that is referenced (basis template) in your main template. To get the

links you use simple TEXT objects with the typolink function - refer to

TSref for those. For site wide multilingual text I use constants.

Hope that helps,
Christian