[TYPO3] Dynamic database record icons in the list module?

Neil Bertram neil at nospam.tasmanstudios.co.nz
Thu Apr 6 06:54:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to render a thumbnail of an image
contained inside an extension table as the icon for the record in the
list module? The TCA documentation doesn't seem to say you can, although
there is a "thumbnail" field which you can use inside the record.

I tried:
"ctrl" => Array (
		"title" =>
"LLL:EXT:fergs_catwalk_db/locallang_db.php:tx_fergscatwalkdb_picker_swatch",

		"label" => "title",
		"tstamp" => "tstamp",
		"crdate" => "crdate",
		"cruser_id" => "cruser_id",
		"sortby" => "sorting",
		"delete" => "deleted",
		"enablecolumns" => Array (
			"disabled" => "hidden",
		),
		"dynamicConfigFile" => t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY)."tca.php",
		"thumbnail" => "image",
		"iconfile" =>
t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath($_EXTKEY)."icon_tx_fergscatwalkdb_picker_swatch.gif",
	),

The "thumbnail" => "image" was just ignored in this case. The image
field contains the path to a single image.

I don't expect it's possible, but though I should check before giving up.

Thanks!

Neil