[TYPO3] Paypal not returning values to Webformat shop

shielsn webmaster at shieldwebdesign.com
Wed Apr 5 13:45:17 CEST 2006

Hi Mauro,

The variables are now being posted back to the web site.  PayPal requires
that IPN (Instant Payment Notification) be turned on in the PayPal profile
preferences and that rm=2 (return method = POST) be used in the link sent to
PayPal.  However, the script is not accepting them.

IPN requires that the script validates receipt of the IPN variables by doing
a HTTPS Postback to PayPal.  Tests with IPN utilities show that the script
is not replying.

The latest manual for integrating PayPal with a website is at
https://www.paypal.com/en_US/AU/pdf/PP_OrderManagement_IntegrationGuide.pdf
and it was published in Aug 2005.  Perhaps PayPal has made some drastic
changes recently and the PayPal script no longer works.  So to rule out
code problems, we were looking to find out the following:

What settings should be set in the PayPal profile preferences?

When the script was originally written, what preferences in the PayPal
profile had to be set...if any?

Is the script meant to work with IPN?

We are wondering if there is anyone out there who has the Webformat Shop
working with PayPal that we could ask.

Thanks so much for your help with this.  Finding out that PayPal is not
going to work just at the very end of building the shop is causing a great
amount of stress :-(

news:mailman.367.1144220382.16507.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...