[TYPO3] [TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.0 Release Candidate 3

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Apr 4 21:16:52 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

since 4.0rc2 wasn't quite as stable as we had wished, another Release
Candidate was needed. We hope to have fixed all major bummers in rc3, so
please test it thoroughly in order to have a stable 4.0 final soon.

When reporting bugs to http://bugs.typo3.org/ remember to set the
product version to 4.0rc3 because those reports will be prioritized.

Changes from rc2 to rc3:

 * Element Browser works again. Please test all features of the element
   browser and reply to this announcement in typo3.dev if it worked.

 * A bunch of fixes to css_styled_content and its css based imgtext
   implementation.

 * Creating custom workspaces now works with IE as well.

 * Admin panel doesn't loose GET parameters anymore.

 * One-click undo in backend forms works again

 * Turkish case-shifting problem with <LINK> fixed in RTE by using
   lowercase <link> instead

 * Fixed functionality to automatically load extensions required by T3D
   exports.
   It would be really nice if some people could test this feature by
   trying to import the quickstart.t3d and testsite.t3d exports from
   http://webempoweredchurch.org/fileadmin/proj/misc/ and reply to this
   announcement saying whether it worked or not. Thanks in advance!

For a complete list of changes have a look at the incremental ChangeLog
attached to this announcement.

You can download the source at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20391&package_id=14557&release_id=48491

regards
your core team

--
Curious what's going on in the TYPO3 core development?