[TYPO3] Switched Servers... UNIX/CGI problem??

Heiner Lamprecht heiner at heiner-lamprecht.net
Tue Apr 4 19:38:35 CEST 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 18:32, Gilles Deacur wrote:
> I switched to a new host and we are trying to get my Typo3 back
> online.
>
> I just got off the phone with my host and he had a look at the
> Typo3 site.
>
> After listening to him rant about open source software and
> avoiding it like the plague,

He complains about Open Source while running Linux-based webservers
with Apache?  Funny guy ;-)

> He's under the impression that "UNIX/CGI detected" needs to be
> set to YES.
>

> Yes or no?

No.  The default configuration for PHP and Apache on Linux is to
have PHP as a module inside Apache.

If you are running IIS or an old version of PHP with Apache on
Windows, than you need the cgi stuff.  Therefore it's also
available on Unix, but not used in real live.

    Heiner

--
    heiner at heiner-lamprecht dot net    GnuPG - Key: 9859E373
  Fingerprint:  3770 7947 F917 94EF 8717 BADB 0139 7554 9859 E373