[TYPO3] Splitting for a filename extenision

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Apr 4 13:18:02 CEST 2006

> Currently I'm working on a project where I must display a filename
> with a specific icon (pdf, word, jpg, etc).
>
> Now I must extract the extension from the filename.
> For example:
>
> Filename: filename.pdf
>
> Typoscript:
>         subimage = TEXT
>         subimage.field = media
>         subimage.split {
>           token.char = 46
>           cObjNum = 1
>           1.current = 1
>           1.wrap =  |
>          }
>          subimage.wrap =  |
>
> return: filename and pdf
>
> Now I get the first part of the split back, and I must get the last
> part.
>
> How can I get the last part?
>
> That was part 1 of the problem.
>
> Now it's also possible to add files with multiple dots, like:
> filename.new.pdf
>
> In this case the above typoscript won't work.
> I know that there is a session variable called: SPLIT_COUNT and with
> that variable I can make a loop and then find the last part of the
> split.
>
> But how can I get the session variable into typoscript?

It's a Register and you can access it by using the stdWrap function data,
which is of type getText.

10 = TEXT
10.data = register:SPLIT_COUNT

But you don't need it here, since split offers you optionSplit properties.

subimage = TEXT
subimage {
    field = media
    split {
        token.char = 46
        cObjNum = |*| 1 |*| 2
        1 = TEXT
        2.current = 1
}

Will produce empty TEXT for every part except the last one which will be
"current" instead.

Not tested.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian