[TYPO3] RealURL cannot see the preVars

Mark Kuiphuis mark at exxtra.nl
Mon Apr 3 14:50:40 CEST 2006

I have been looking for this issue for a couple of hours now and still
without any result:

I have a multilingual site (4 languages, english, dutch, french and
german) and I want to use RealURL with this site.

It's not possible for me to get the url like:

www.domain.nl/nl/producten (dutch)
www.domain.nl/en/products (english)
www.domain.nl/de/produkts (german)
www.domain.nl/fr/products (francais)  sorry, don't know the french word
for products

The strange thing is that if I link to www.domain.nl/nl/ I get the dutch
content from the database.
All other URL's (like menu-items) are translated into the dutch
language, but the URL still doesn't contain the /nl/ folder in front of
it (preVar)
Subpages in the dutch language actually have to be:
www.domain.nl/nl/subfolder1 but are now: www.domain.nl/subfolder1

The problem here is dat now Typo3 don't know the language anymore and
therefore fall back to the default language (which is english)

I have to following setup for the preVar section of realurl in my
locallang.php

'preVars' => array(
   array(
     'GETvar' => 'L',
       'valueMap' => array(
         'nl' => '1',
        'de' => '2',
        'fr' => '3',
      ),
   ),
),

There is more, but I presume this to be not suitable for this error.

My Typoscript in the Root-page of the site looks like this
config.simulateStaticDocuments = 0
config.tx_realurl_enable = 1
config.prefixLocalAnchors = all
config.baseURL = http://trioliet-en.exxtra.info