[TYPO3] Using NDASH and MDASH in GIFBUILDER text

Joerg Wagner jwagner at digilog.de
Mon Apr 3 13:33:04 CEST 2006

Hi Joey,

> Are you sure the font file "ARIALN.TTF" contains a character for ndash or
> mdash?

yes, that was the first thing I checked. This is a standard WinXP font file.
It contains these dashes at the right UTF encoding positions and they also
work nicely if used as HTML entities in normal body text with "font-face:
Arial; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;" (which is ARIALN.TTF on
WinXP).
--
Jörg Wagner
DigiLog multimedia