[Typo3] indexed_search and ppt or xls files

Sander (AlterNET) sander at alternet.nl
Fri Sep 30 11:13:31 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to get .ppt (powerpoint) and .xls (excel) files to be
indexed via the search engine, but i cannot get it to work.
Also OpenOffice files and RTF files should be indexed.

I have installed these apps which are needed in /usr/local/bin/
- xlhtml
- ppthtml
- ruby
- unrtf

But the indexing doesn't work, i have made a page with some links to
those files and the page is being found by the engine, but not the files.

The search engine works fine on my site with all other content, i also
have this line in my TS Setup:

page.config.index_externals = 1

I think i have everything setup correctly but i can't get it to work,
what could be wrong?

Thx!

Sander.
AlterNET Internet.