[Typo3] Copy tmpl from ext to filetree?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:44:20 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 29/09/05, Staffan Ericsson <staffan at zytor.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There is one thing that annoys me a lot in Typo3. I can't copy the
> templates of an extension into the filetree (where I can edit it).
>
> The extension manager should have some kind of copy function so
> templates can be made avaible.

There's no need for anything like this in the extension manager - you
already have access to the directory structure of a given site via the
Filelist module. Try this:

1. In the Install Tool, set [BE][lockRootPath] to a value appropriate
to the highest level of the directory tree you want to be accessible.
This might be something like

/home/username/public_html/

2. In the BE, create a new record of the type 'Filemount' by clicking
on the globe icon above the root page and selecting 'New'. Give it a
name, choose the 'absolute (root) / ' radio button and type in a path
that's the same or inside the path in [BE][lockRootPath]. This might
be something like:

/home/username/public_html/typo3conf/ext/

3. In the BE select the user or group who will have access to the
filemount, and select the new filemount in the 'Filemount' section.

4. Hit the 'Filelist' module and play inside your new filemount - and
you _can_ copy and paste between filemounts.

;-)

-Christopher