[Typo3] Use TemplaVoila in production envoirement ?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Sep 29 20:27:29 CEST 2005

Ries van Twisk wrote:

> I have one site with TV AND MultiLanguage running (A small site... just
> 10 pages). The only problem I had
> was getting RealURL to work with that (still doesn't but need to look a
> bit deeper in it).

I have one multilanguage site (German, English) running using 100% TV. I
  had to write only one Plugin compared to 3-4 on MTB pages because of
FCE's (the only plugin you see is the E-Cards tool in the goodie section).

It also uses realURL and I had no problem. Could you exactly describe
what you encountered ?

The problem I'm talking about is that the "Edit translation header"
button/icon is not available in the TV page module so you can't edit the
title of a translated page after initial creation. You need to use the
old page module. But this will be fixed in 1.0.0.
And it is also the case that currently if you translate a page it is not
possible to simply translate each content element ... you have to copy
it over and translate it. this will also propably be fixed in 1.0
Further the "mergeIfBlank" language content fallback modes only work if
you set "languageChildren" to 1 in your DS which is not the default at
the moment ... don't know wheter this will get changed ...
And TV also introduced a second approach of "language handling" because
of FlexForms (FCE's) (they have their own language selector selectbox)

greets,
Bernhard