[Typo3] entities & character is replaced by & on site

Simon Tuck e-mailNO at SPAMeyejet.com
Thu Sep 29 13:34:03 CEST 2005

Søren Schaffstein wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am working on a multilanguage site at the moment using a separate tree
> branch for every language. In the polish branch (config.language=pl) all the
> special characters are not rendered correctly because typo3 seems to convert
> the & symbol to &
>
> For example in the database the following is placed:
> <snip>
> </snip>
>
> but on the actual page the following is put out:
> <snip>
> </snip>
>
> xhtml-cleaning is shut off, so I don't have any idea at the moment how to
> prevent this conversion. Does anyone else have an idea?
>
> Thx in advance
> Soeren

Looks to me like problem with the htmlSpecialChars property: You're bodytext is going through htmlSpecialChars twice.
Probably once from the rte to the db and then from the db to the fe. try disabling htmlSpecialChars in your rte. Add the
following lines to your page tsconfig:

RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db = 1
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.htmlSpecialChars = -1

cheers
simon