[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Elmar Hinz elmar.hinz at vcd-berlin.de
Thu Sep 29 01:04:13 CEST 2005

Pierre Rossel wrote:
>>According to the above FAQ, Google will *not* add our newsgroups.
>

> Yes, but that's not the point. If we want to have Google index our
> newsgroup, then we will do what is needed. For now, we just need to know if
> we would like to have this feature.
>
> Pierre Rossel

I personally find it a doubtfull combination of being forced to use
realnames in usegroups on the one hand and being archived with world
accessible on the other.

That can quickly go beyond all visions of a police state we had 20 years
ago. Not only beeing able to be fully controlled by the state but by
anybody who likes to. Your boss, your wive, your president.

You never feel free. You already have to controll what you write today.
You never know if such a semi-democratic president like Bush or Putin
will rule your land in a few years and what that regime will make out of
your collected postings at google. (Would I risk to write this if I
would be a citizen of China i.e.?)

I feel better not beeing archived at google.

Elmar

--
Climate change 2005: New Orleans, Sahel, Bangladesh, Spain, Portugal,
Austria, Swiss, France, ...