[Typo3] google searchable newsgroups

Pierre Rossel typo3-l at prossel.com
Wed Sep 28 16:09:52 CEST 2005

> Mailing lists *were* serachable by google until recently. Recently
> mailing lists archives were removed from typo3.org... Sad.

Yes, by "normal" google. Google groups is a special service dedicated to
archiving discussions. I guess that if a news server is publicly available,
Google sould be able to index it.

It seems that we can ask Google to add a Usenet newsgroup:
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7919&topic=252
But I don't know if this newsgroup is a usenet one.

Before going further, let's discuss on the topic:

Should Typo3 newsgroups be indexed and searchable by Google Groups
(groups.google.com) ?

What does the Typo3 community think about that idea ?

Pierre Rossel