[Typo3] better editor for extended glossory extension?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 15:33:32 CEST 2005

Corrections on what I said follows.

Bing wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> "Peter Klein" <peter at umloud.dk> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1.1127860569.29567.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
>
>>Hi Bing, I don't use that extension, but usually you can just edit the
>>tca.php file inside the extensions folder, and get RTE support with adding
>>just a single line ;)
>>
>>Take a look at this page:
>>http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_core_api/Introduction-a74f1d9437/
>>

> Thanks very much for the great pointer!
> In the ./typo3conf/ext/sg_glossary file, I added the line 'defaultExtras' =>
> 'richtext[*]' so the imagecaption array is now like this:
>
> "imagecaption" => Array (
>                         "exclude" => 0,
>                         "label" =>
> "LLL:EXT:sg_glossary/locallang_db.php:tx_sggl
> ossary_entries.imagecaption",
>                         "config" => Array (
>                                 "type" => "text",
>                                 "cols" => "48",
>                                 "rows" => "5",
>                         ),
>                         'defaultExtras' => 'richtext[*]'
>                 )
>
> But the description is still a textarea box.  I did clear all the template
> cache, cache in typo3conf/ and FE cache.  Do I need to do anything else to
> make the change take effect?
>
> Bing

'defaultExtras' => 'richtext[*]' works for the "imagecaption" text box.
    But when I added that line to the "description" array as shown below:

   "description" => Array (
                          "exclude" => 0,
                          "label" =>
  "LLL:EXT:sg_glossary/locallang_db.php:tx_sggl
  ossary_entries.description",
                          "config" => Array (
                                  "type" => "text",
                                  "cols" => "48",
                                  "rows" => "18",
                                  "eval" => "required",
                          )
                          'defaultExtras' => 'richtext[*]'
                  )

instead of changing the description text box to RTE, it made the page
blank on both the BE and FE.  Weird.

Bing