[Typo3] Problem with TemplaVoila and "Page Wizard"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Sep 27 20:10:11 CEST 2005

Jan Persson wrote:

> One of these is that if you install TV but want your users to use the "old"
> page module because of some other problems (see below) you will stand before
> a dilemma.

Where did you read that you can use the "old" page module with TV ?

That's simply two completly different things. TV stores relations to
each content element in the flexform field in the pages table ...

MTB stores each content element by letting them have a pid and a colpos
value.

> - If you allow your users access to the TemplaVoilaPageModule, some of them
>   will use this modulo and will wonder why they cannot see any content
>   elements.

Because you would have to use MTB templating if you don't want to use
the TV page module (of course you can use FCE's with MTB)

> - If you disallow your users access to the module and you have a
>   TemplaVoilaTemplate, some of them will use the "Page Wizard" (e.g. 'Click
>   here for wizard!'). They will define the position of the new page, but then
>   they will get an error:
>     Access Error
>     You don't have access to this module.
>   This is because the wizard wants to know which "Template" to use ("Select a
>   template for your new page:").

That's of course an issue ...
If you want to use TV just because of FCE's and disable the TV page
module you will get an error when creating a page and have to select the
Page template. I will add that to the bugtracker.

> It seem to me that there is no possibility to disable this wizard like
> "content element wizard".

TV is not much configurable via TS ... this will hopefully improve in 1.0

> This is "below".
> There is no simple way to make multilanguage sites with TV, because TV does
> not like pages_language_overlay. There was some solution on typo3-german
> IIRC.

I made an multilangue site with TV and it is possible to translate the
page headeer. But just once :) But this is already known by Robert Lemke
and will get fixed in 1.0.
If you created a website language in your root-page (uid=0) the language
tab of the TV page module will be active. You can select to create a
translation of the page and then you will be able to input the
translated page header.

But the problem is that you can't get back to the "Edit Translation
header" using the TV page module. You can get there using the
traditional Page module.

greets,
Bernhard