[Typo3] Frontend-login impossible after move to new server!

Jan Bidner jan.bidner at ladok.umu.se
Tue Sep 27 15:36:00 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I'm managing a medium-scale website with intranet for a swedish
university-consortium (www.ladok.se <BLOCKED::http://www.ladok.se> ). Until
lately it has been hosted on a webhotel on a Linux-machine with an apache
server, mySQL (klient api version  3.23.52) and php  (version 4.3.4). Typo3
version was 3.6.

After the move (to a dedicated server) the site is hosted on a Windows 2003
server with IIS (due to plans of co-hosting another application) , php
(Version 5.0.5) and mySQL (klient api version  4.1.14). Typo3-version was
upgraded to version 3.8. Everything seems to work just fine (enhanced speed
and great performance) except for one major bug:

Front-end login is not possible!!!

I wonder what might be the problem. Backend-login works and all kinds of
administration, submitting news etc. I have been going over the php.ini file
for possible problems but I just can't figure it out. The old installation
hade safe_mode set to On. But that was ok then, even though it might have
slowed the application down. Now it's set to Off to increase performance.

Anyone experienced anything like it? What makes the front-end login not
possible? (Tried both newlogin and the simple). Both works just fine in the
old setup but in this conifguration: NADA!!!

- Grateful for any kind of answer

/Jan Bidner

Jan Bidner
Information Architect