[Typo3] fe_rtenews email address for Anonymous

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Mon Sep 26 18:01:01 CEST 2005

> Well, it was intended not to be linked. What's the point of
> anonimity if
> you'll have your e-mail linked?:))

In my case it is not that users are choosing to be anonymous it is
that I don't give them the option of having an account. Forums are
the biggest part of my web site and until I can have a unified
account structure with single-signon I'm not going to provide typo3
accounts.

I also feel that if a field is provided to the user the information
entered in that field should be stored along with all other information.

I really appreciate that you provide this extension for free Toni and
if I can express my opinion on how this particular feature should
perform it would be as follows

1st choice) On the front end everything is working fine. The only
modification would be if an email address is entered to store it in
the back end author's email address field. In this case news
submitter is "Unregistered" rather than "Anonymous"

Distant 2nd choice) If the email address can not be stored in the
back end then the email address field should not show up unless a
user is logged in.

Thanks again for this extension Toni.

Cheers,
Eric