[Typo3] Help with GMENU

Juha Sipinen juha.sipinen at kolumbus.fi
Sun Sep 25 13:59:39 CEST 2005

I'm new at TYPO3.  I have the following code straight from the "TYPO3
Enterprise Content Management" book.  It should make a graphical two-level
menu.  Where should I put this code?  I tried TSconfid but the menu doesn't
appear on the front-end.  I have the QuickStart installation and still the
default football content.  Also ImageMagick, GDlib and FreeType are
installed and working.  Thanks.

 temp.subnavigation_html_gmenu = HMENU
 temp.subnavigation_html_gmenu.entryLevel = 1
 temp.subnavigation_html_gmenu.1 = GMENU

 temp.subnavigation_html_gmenu.1 {
   NO {

  wrap = |<br />
  XY = 150,40
  backColor = white

   # gray box
   7 = BOX
   7.dimensions = 16,18,120,20
   7.color = #DFDFDF
   # white box
   8 = BOX
   8.dimensions = 16,18,119,19
   8.color = FFFFFF

   10 = TEXT
   10.text.field = title
   10.fontFile = fileadmin/fonts/VERDANAB.TTF
   10.fontSize = 11
   10.fontColor = FFFFFF
   10.offset = 30,31
   10.align = left

   #10.niceText = 1

   # shadow for the text
   10.shadow.offset = 1,1
   10.shadow.blur = 80
   10.shadow.opacity = 40

   # simulate bold text --> the font gets clearer
   20 < .10
 }

 RO < .NO
 RO {