[Typo3] Page tree entry point by domain?

Alexander Heidl aheidl at fulcio.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 08:43:58 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

I have a rather tricky question. For my latest baby I have registered almost
any available European TLD for a domain like domain.de .co.uk .ie .ch .it
.at .whatever ... I think you get the Idea.

Now I would like to use the .com as the global entry page with a
multilingual bladibla welcome teaser. On this welcome page the client will
see a country selection which will lead him to the according subsequent page
tree for the specified country.

Now if the client does not hit the .com domain but a country specific
instead, lets say .de, then I would like to have the client entry point
straight on the German subpart of the pagetree.

Ok, sounds quite logical to use the common domain record in order to define
the entry points. But this only works fine up to a certain point! As soon as
I want to leave the page tree to the parent page it will not allow this.
Certainly for obvious reasons. This is how the system work. In other words,
if I am on the .de domain I cannot go to any parent page above the first
occurance of the domain record.

Does anyone have a workaround for that?

By the way, you can review the web project at http://www.sancodental.com .de
.at .ch ... for better understanding.