[Typo3] Multilanguage one tree system settings

T.Joga email at welho.com
Fri Sep 23 10:02:34 CEST 2005

I had a little trouble as a newbie to get multilanguage site working(one
tree system) and here is my settings for it, finnish is default language
and english is second language(id1):

template setup:
### language settings start ###
#language setting
config.language = fi
config.locale_all = fi_FI

# setting  up lang var
config.linkVars = L

# english language, sys_language.uid = 1
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = en

[GLOBAL]

### language settings end ###

You also have to(minimal) inculde this static for the template:
content(default)

Because I dont want to show non translated content so I also set from
"install" section(4: all configuration):
[FE][hidePagesIfNotTranslatedByDefault] = 1

You propably also need install language packs for your site languages(?)

Of course you have also create website languages before you can start
make translations.

Hope this helps someone who is having trouble with the same thing!

I really recommend to read "modern template building" tutorial - I first
tried to hazzle this up without proper knowledge, but when you start to
get in typo, things start to look pretty good!

I think proper documentation is a weakness of typo - ok - documentation
is good, but it is just too old and a bit fragmented. I dont know
earlier versions at all, but some things are not there anymore..

Nice weekend to everyone!