[Typo3] simulateStatic and not integer language marker

Miko³aj Jêdrzejak mikolajj at typo3.com.pl
Fri Sep 23 01:27:25 CEST 2005

Hello!
First off all I would like to ensure about some pieces of information I
gethered about multinagual sites (one tree concept).
Is it true, that language marker has to be int value? ( like... L=2)

Maby someone did found a solution for this, already, but I haven't found it
yet in archives...

I would like to achive folowing effect.
Call my page like this: http://.../my_page.en.html or
http://.../my_page.ru.html
now I have to do this like http://.../my_page.html?L=2 or
http://.../my_page.html?L=3

It's easy to write a rule for mod_rewrite to make proper change from
http://.../my_page.ru.html to index.php?id=my_page&L=3 for russian and L=4
for english but how to force TYPO3 to create links like
"page_alias.language_name.html"?

Has anyone solve this problem yet?

Mikolaj