[Typo3] how to check what the default template is?

Bing Du du_bing at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 15:55:08 CEST 2005

media.res | alex widschwendter wrote:

> hi,
>
> if the other pages are subpages to the frontpage this behaviour is
> clear, because you set the inherit flag to 1. so the subpages inherit
> the template form the frontpage. check this!

Yes, you are right.  I thought if default was selected as template for a
page, then the template specified by
plugin.tx_rlmptmplselector_pi1.defaultTemplateFileNameMain would be
used.  Apparently, that's not right.  Now I've learnt the
plugin.tx_rlmptmplselector_pi1.defaultTemplateFileNameMain is only used
when there are no templates selected for the current page, or its
parent(s).

My page tree was like this.

--
front page (two-column.html)
   subpage1

That's why all the sub pages show up using the same template.

Now the page tree is like:

--
front page (one-column.html, short cut to dumbpage)
   dumbpage (two-column.html)

So now only front page show up in two column format, but all the
subpages use one column template.

I'm sure there must be other ways to achieve what I want.  If anybody
want to share their ideas, please.  I'd always like to hear.

Thanks,

Bing