[Typo3] help!!! caching and template changes

Eckbert P. Dollhofer lista at selbstdenker.ag
Tue Sep 20 22:19:09 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am using templavoila. When I select a different template for a special
page I have the problem that I can only change the template in two steps:

1.
set
Page Template Structure:

save

2.
set
Use Template Design:
save

so now between the first and the second save when sombody loads the page
in frontend i get:

TemplaVoila ERROR:

You haven't selected a Template Object yet for table/uid "pages/36".
Without a Template Object TemplaVoila cannot map the XML content into HTML.
Please select a Template Object now.

I thought this should be avoided by the typo3 caching mechanismen but it
seems it isn't

Same happens when i do change the mapping in templavoila - pages are
rendered gobledigoob.

This is fine if you don't have to change this very often - but I guess
in the beginning it can be really anyoing.

Is there a way to avoid that mess??

Greetings
Eckbert