[Typo3] Working with more than one template

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Sep 20 21:34:45 CEST 2005

Remco Zwaan wrote:

> We have a database with a lot of content-items, and now is the idea to
> publish the content-items in to different sites, with a different
> layout. Some of  the style-definitions such as font-size, font-family
> are the same (not the layout!)...so my question is "what is the best
> method of template-building".

Read:

MTB1 (Modern Template Building, Part 1):
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_templselect/

and/or
FTB (Futuristic Template Building):
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_tut_ftb1/

the first one is for "traditional" T3 templating the later one is for the
newer TemplaVoila.

Many think TV is not ready for production use. I'm in the different opinion.
Make your decision yourself.

greets,
Bernhard