[Typo3] Quick Tutorial on Creating Page and Template

Hang Cheng hcheng at pagebound.com
Tue Sep 20 10:08:29 CEST 2005

I've recently discovered Typo3 and am quite impressed by it.  However I
am quite confused on how to use it.  I created my contents in a new page
with some HTML.  Now I want to display that page.  I create a new
template but I can't figure out how to get it to display the contents of
my new page.

The only way I know right now is:

page = PAGE
page.numType = 0
page.10 = HTML
page.10.value = [HTML content from new page]

I know about the static templates but I would much rather use my own
since none of them do what I really want.  How do I make my template
work like a template and just read its content from the page being rendered?

Thanks.